I remember the first time I “bonked” on a ride. I was on a group 80 km group ride. I didn’t pack any snacks or energy gels (rookie mistake). We stopped at a coffee shop for the traditional Sunday morning break, but I didn’t like the choices available to me, so didn’t eat.
At the 70 km mark, I had nothing left in me and fell behind. A rider had to circle back for me, give me his energy gel, and let me draft behind him so I could make the last 10 km. How embarrassing! I’m a personal trainer and nutritionist. I should know better!!
After that, I expanded my Holistic Nutrition designation by taking an additional course to specialize in Sports Nutrition.
What we eat before, during and after our ride has a big impact on our performance while riding, and how our muscles, tendons and joints recover after. Our general nutrition and health can make climbing hills easier and faster.
Supplements are another confusing area. Let me break through that confusion by using scientific studies to teach you what you can help, and what not to waste your money on.
By creating a personalized nutrition and lifestyle plan, we will get you in top health to make your ride easier, faster, and more enjoyable! This plan is customized to your health, goals and food preferences.
In 6 Weeks you will get…
- a 60-minute personalized nutrition consult to create a plan unique to you based on lifestyle, goals, habits and food preferences (I use www.gotomeeting.com so we can use webcam and screen share)
- 4 weekly webinars to watch at your convenience.
- How to avoid “bonking” – What to eat before, during and after your ride to make your energy last and your ride easy
- Weight Management Made Simple – Easy tips for every day life to maintain your goal weight
- Supplements 101 – What do you really need? Learn about the most common sports supplements, and what supplements are important for general health
- Nutrition for healthy Muscles and Joints – learn how to recuperate fast and be ready for your next ride
- A follow up consult to create your maintenance plan to keep you healthy and riding!
You get all this for $199!
By working with a Registered Nutritionist who is also a cyclist, you get a plan that meets your needs and goals.
So, is enjoying your ride, not getting dropped and flying up hills worth $199?
Participants – Special Rate of $179